12/22/09

Collectin Nativity Christmas Cards


May the blessings
of Christmas ~
LOVE ~ PEACE and JOY ~
remain with you
throughout the year.

I received this card from my Sister Connie in the early 1980's.
Of course it came via the US Mail with a 39 cent stamp. (I sometimes keep the envelope, too) Click HERE for a bit of Christmas Stamp History and Trivia.
Now, back in the 80's I would never have dreamed I'd be sending this very Christmas Card back to Connie and to all of You from 'CollectInTexas Gal' via the Internet and a BLOG! Who knew?



May the love

of the Christ child

bless your Christmas

and all the days ahead

...and his name shall be called...the Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6


A 'Treasured Christmas Card' from my Mother~In~Law, December 1970.



May His blessings fill your

Christmas day with joy ~

May His love warm your heart

today and always!

"A smile of love glowed from the Holy Child's face and made the crude stable a heavenly place...~B.J.Hoff



May the Joy
and Peace of Christmas
be with you
throughout the New Year!

Sue...CollectInTexas Gal
December 25, 2009

PS...I'm still 'Old School' and love getting cards with stamps. So here's my Christmas Card to You...Stamped! It's the 'Christmas Stamp' from 2005, and I thought a perfect stamp for this 'NativityPost'. I hope you won't mind making up the .07 cents...in 2005, stamps were .37 cents.. Oh! Also, I hope you won't mind receiving it via the 'Net'. I'm pretty sure it'll be way late via the USPS...Bless Their Hearts...They 'Kan't Help It' if they're 'Old School',too!

11 comments:

  1. thank you for this dear wish!
    I send it back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and all good wishes right back to you.

    Merry Christmas!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have some old Christmas stamps, too. It is interesting to look back at the amounts on the front.

    Happy Holidays to you and your family. And, Happy Pink Saturday, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Sue! I love the Christmas stamp and the card. May your holiday be filled with love and joy.

    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by my early Pink Saturday. We are getting ice, not snow, I am worried we're not going to have Christmas with my family tomorrow.

    I love your post of the cards you have received and the one to all the bloggers. Thank you. I have saved Christmas cards that my two Grandmothers had given me when they were alive and I cherish them. May you have a very Merry and safe Christmas!!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you, Sue!! Your Christmas cards are very beautiful, and I appreciate the greeting!! I also looked at your Texas cards, and I LOVE them, too!! May you and your family have a blessed Christmas season, my friend. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to wish you the Greatest Christmas EVER. I hope Santa is good to you guys.
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely cards you have shared and the last one is extra special. Thank you. Have a very merry and blessed Christmas!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue!
    Thank you for your thoughtful words this Christmas morning. Our daughter had a miscarriage on Wednesday and that's why we are feeling sad. We had a sweet Christmas and we have a lot to be thankful for. Love the cards! Thank you for the lovely greeting, lovely friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, Thanks for the beautiful Christmas Card. Hope you had a blessed day and have a great Pink Saturday.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a Lovely Post - with Beautiful Christmas Cards!

    I absolutely love the Christmas Card with the Barn! It's so beautiful, especially for those who live on the farm, as my family does!

    I would love to know who the card is by - so I could see about getting it for next year. If you could please e-mail me the name of the company - I would so appreciate it!

    Thank you & Merry Christmas to You!!!

    itsawonderfulchristmas@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.