12/16/12

Santas Snoozin' On My LoneStar Skirt

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Please TipToe Around the LoneStar Christmas Tree Skirt!!!
For Santa is Snoozin' while I'm busy sewing the last PJ Shirt!!!
 
I've been sewing and serging up a storm.
Who knew that Christmas in Texas would be so warm?
 
Yep, it's flannel, fleece and yarn I'm sewing, knitting and crocheting.
I'll be darn if the weather dictates my Christmas Gift Giving.
 
Out here in the Wild West you never know
 when Texas Mother Nature
Will dump a boat load of snow.
 
So, I'm ignoring the warm weather and pretending
That all the Flannel and Fleece I've been Sewing
Will result in the Winter Heat Wave ending!
 
Even Santa knows that Texas Mother Nature is somewhat Fickle.
She gets her Big Girl Panties in a wad,
And throws all us Texans...and Santa...in a Pickle.
 
Now, I'm not going so far as to wish for a White Christmas.
But it would be nice if we had weather somewhere around
The Double Nickle!!!


10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that Santa is resting up for the big night! He's sure to see snow in most of Canada, but probably not on the Island. I wish for you (and for me) a lovely dusting of the white stuff at about 9 pm on December 24th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pondside....I hope Santa hears your wish! A Lovely Dusting...I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue your Lonestar Christmas tree skirt is perfect ! and Santa is so sweet, he found the perfect spot.
    Wishing you a blessed Christmas and a little cooler weather (())

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cute poem. It really gave me a chuckle. I'm glad to see that Santa took off his boots before napping. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Santa looks cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT place to take a snooze, Santa! All that Christmas pine smell.

    What? It's an artificial tree you say? Well - - - then just IMAGINE all that lovely piny aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cowboy cousin in San Antonio would love your tree skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! It's been mild here in Philly too. Have a great week Sue:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the chuckle this morning. Santa Snoozing is just too darn cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the very same Santa snoozing under my tree! LOL! I so love his satin pillow. But that tree skirt is gorgeous! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.