9/5/15

I'm Sew Stitchy....

You have heard the idom...'One thing leads to another'...right?  That is how much of what I do seems to stitch out.

However, in the case of making 'Sewing Baskets'...One thing leads to the same thing...another basket.  This one inspired by my Mother's Sewing Box.

For almost two years now, her collection of buttons, thread, fabrics and sewing-stitching stuff has been part of my Sewing Studio.  It has been a comfort to me.  Now it is time to share!
The basket is made from the same fabrics as "The Cotton Shirts Off Her Back" quilt.   What fun I had going through her 'Button Box' which was a catch all for everything from buttons, beads, washers, bolts and screws.  I stitched a variety of buttons around the basket top with a dangle ending in her thimble.   Then I filled it thusly.....
I'm Sew Stitchy I Stitch Stitching Stuff!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's precious! You really have a flare, Sue. It ALMOST makes me think I'd like to get back into sewing......Naw. Maybe if I live long enough to retire.
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I'm sure your mother is looking down and enjoying your work. So Sew Stupendous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.